Over the years WordPress has become incredibly popular, and it is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) for websites and blogs.
If you want to scale and grow your store then it’s important to select the right WordPress eCommerce plugins. However, Enabling you to an online store there are many eCommerce plugins available. But it can be a bit confusing to choose the right one from many WordPress eCommerce plugins.
It’s important if you already have a store or thinking of starting up, that you start with the right eCommerce plugin. You can easily start selling products in minutes by selecting and installing the right plugin.
Choosing the right eCommerce plugin, on the other hand, can be difficult, especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. That’s why we’ll introduce some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins out there, and highlight their strengths and weaknesses. Finally, we’ll go over how to pick the best one for your WordPress website.
What To Look Before Choosing an ecommerce plugin for WordPress?
Plugins are not always completely reliable and secure, there are some things you should consider before selecting one to power your eCommerce store. First, you must fortify the foundation of your WordPress website.
Here are the essential components:
- Powerfull Web Hosting: Technically, a low-cost plan is possible, but page speed is such an important factor of a good eCommerce experience. Page speed is a vital ranking factor for Google and other search engines. So, if you want your store to appear in SERPs (search engine results pages), you should look for a reputable web host. So that you never miss a sale.
- Payment gateways: You must also think about which payment gateways you will use to take payments. Make sure the plugin you’ve chosen supports your preferred gateway(s) by default or via add-ons.
- SSL: Since eCommerce shops process both personal and financial information, so tight WordPress security is a must. By instyalling SSL certificate you can keep user data secure between web host and web server, and prevent hackers from creating a fake version of your site.
- Theme Compatibility: After that, there’s the issue of theme compatibility. Plugins can conflict with theme features and codebase. However, compatibility is not an issue if you use an industry-standard theme and plugin.
List Of 5 Best Ecommerce WordPress Plugins:
You now understand what to look for in an eCommerce platform and what you need to get started. It’s time to choose between the WordPress eCommerce plugins listed below. Let’s take a look at each of them individually.
WooCommerce is a free WordPress eCommerce plugin that is quite powerful. It provides numerous advantages as well as great flexibility and customization. As a result, you can personalize your website according to your need.
Use WooCommerce to establish online commerce if you have a website or an online trading platform. With this plugin, you can create an eCommerce store in just a few minutes whether you’re selling digital goods or physical goods.
It also allows you to position yourself at the top of search results by utilizing the SEO extension. With a single click, you can add the most popular extensions from the official site, which aids in the efficient management of operations
You can also control or monitor your website from anywhere with the mobile.
WooCommerce promises you incredible payment flexibility. More than 100 payment portals are available for use. You can use a mobile wallet, bank transfers, cash, a credit card, or popular payment systems such as Stripe and PayPal.
Some main features of Woocomerce:
- Physical and digital downloads are both supported.
- Manage your inventory with ease, or even assign it to a store manager.
- Allows you to export all of your content and move your website to a new platform. There are no restrictions.
- Hundreds of extensions and themes, including art abandonment features, inventory management, discount code distribution, and much more, make it simple to add additional features to your WooCommerce store.
- The WooCommerce Mobile App allows you to manage your store from anywhere; it also supports Apple and Google Pay, subscriptions, and deposits.
- Affiliate marketers can improve site’s user experience by adding affiliate or external products.
- Support for popular payment gateways (plus, you can add many other payment options using extensions)
- In-built support for popular payment gateway and even using extentions you can many other options
- Support is excellent, with documentation, community forums, help desk and knowledge base.
Summary: The major disadvantage of WooCommerce is its lack of scalability. As your store grows in size, you’ll need to switch to a managed hosting provider in order to scale your WooCommerce store. Otherwise, this is one of the best free plugins available and the simplest way to get started with your online store.
2. Easy Digital Downloads.
Easy Digital Downloads is a lightweight WordPress eCommerce plugin that includes all of the features you need to sell your digital products. It is a plugin designed to make online trading easier.
The plugin allows you to create discount codes, which you can use to encourage your customers to buy more and increase sales.
You can specify a time frame for the discount codes. Furthermore, users can specify a minimum basket value in order to take advantage of the discount.
Easy Digital Downloads provides you with everything you need to sell your digital product easily.
EDD main features:
- It works with almost any WordPress theme, but it also has its own set of themes.
- It comes with built-in functionality that allows you to easily create discount codes to entice customers to buy more.
- Eay to use and payments
- Hundreds of extensions for everything from marketing platform to payment gateways are available.
- Whatever products are purchased and downloaded by customers users can easily track the time, date, and even IP address.
- The plugin allows you to generate extensive customer reports based on statistics. You can customize the data report by date range and category and export it to a CSV file.
- EDD has excellent support with forums, tutorials, videos, and IRC chatroom
Summary: If you’re planning to start a business with a focus on selling digital products such as eBooks, Music, Graphic Design, and more then EDD is a good starter for you. You can also boost the power of EDD by adding free and paid extensions that help you grow your digital business
Ecwid helps you sell your products online and help inexpensively create an online store system on your existing website. Furthermore, Ecwid has the capability of providing adequate features to help your business grow with a standard eCommerce platform.
Ecwid performs excellent on WordPress and on mobile devices. Your e-commerce store automatically adjusts to your customers screen sizes.
You can advertise your store on Facebook and sell your products to millions of people. The plugin will automatically synch your products, customers, and orders.
- Ecwid allows you to sell on multiple websites and manage everything from a single dashboard.
- The plugin allows you to sell across multiple websites and manage everything from one admin.
- With this plugin selling on Facebook and Instagram is easy to set up.
- Ecwid allows you to sale both physical and digital products
- Ecwid can automatically generate sitemaps.
- Ecwid allows customers to save their favourite products and allows them to find the products for purchasing it later quickly
- Ecwid accepts payments with more than 40 different platforms.
Summary: Ecwid is ideal for small businesses or those who already have a website and want to add eCommerce functionality to it.
Bigcommerce is another suitable plugin design to attract more customers to your e-commerce page and help increase online sales. It is cloud-hosted and offers seamless integration with your website.
BigCommerce is a stand-alone platform that allows the integration of eCommerce features with WordPress. It is more than just a technology platform. It provides strategies, support team, and tools to grow your business
You can fully manage and provide customers with an attractive online store, and you can access it from any place and on any mobile device. Furthermore, it allows you to reach more customers and sell to a larger customer segment.
You can also create a blog in every store, which is important for SEO to promote your product.
BigCommerce Key Features:
- BigCommerce Comes with 80+ predesigned responsive templates
- Automatically connects to Google Merchant Center, and Optimize your campaigns
- It allows you to build broad catalogs and manage a great number of orders
- You can customize your website to a large extent without any coding skills
- You can use it to sale on other channels like Amazon, Instagram, and Facebook.
- The plugin Offers a wide range of shipping and fulfilment options
Summary: This plugin is ideal for large businesses who value the importance of content marketing while also need access to eCommerce platforms.
5. WP eCommerce
Wp eCommerce is the oldest eCommerce plugin, but it’s not as popular as the woo-commerce plugin. Sometimes Wp e-commerce is regarded as a direct alternative to Woocommerce.
In terms of setting up a new store, WP eCommerce keeps it simple. However, it still has decent features that let you create a beautiful online store from the ground up. It allows you to integrate with tons of different payment gateways.
WP eCommerce should be one of the best solutions to start selling online because it is easy to use and has a huge inventory of support articles. Even those who want to create a store with a high level of customization WP eCommerce could be the top pick priority
- Monitor sales and reporting capabilities of WP eCommerce are second to none.
- WP eCommerce also comes with extensive CSV exporting capabilities.
- You can access and edit the raw code of your online store to create a unique web interface.
- It allows you to Integrate with top payment gateways
- Using add-ons, you can automatically intigrate your marketing campaigns in WP eCommerce with Google Analytics, Google Base, and more.
Summary: Wp eCommerce is often reported as buggy, which makes people switch to other eCommerce solutions, and another drawback is that you can’t find as many extensions available as compared to Woocommerce.
Important Factors To Consider When Choosing Best Ecommerce WordPress Plugin
When it comes to choosing the best eCommerce WordPress plugin, the following factors you need to consider:
- Easy Of Use: You should consider the plugin’s ease of use first. Fortunately, this shouldn’t be much of an issue, most WordPress eCommerce plugins are fairly simple to understand.
- Impact On Speed: Plugins aren’t always made with eCommerce bandwidth (CPU usage), certain plugins can slow down your website because of high CPU usage. Therefore, before installing a plugin check out the publicly posted plugin reviews and stars
- Support: It’s impritatiive that you look into the plugin’s support documentation and the team behind it, because If something goes wrong or any issue you can get help quickly.
- Community: A community is a great source to understant how to deal with issue that aren’t covered in support documentation.
However, there are many plugins that serve different needs as well. But if you want maximum flexibility and features, then Woocommerce is the best solution. While that doesn’t mean it’s the only best one.
If you don’t want to manage all the technical stuff, then BigCommerce is the best choice because it allows you to use a SaaS eCommerce platform side by side with WordPress.
If you are just selling digital goods, then Easy Digital Downloads could be the best option.
Hope this article helped you find the best eCommerce WordPress plugins.