Have you ever had the experience of trying to reference an old email when conversing with a colleague or friend?
In many cases, users receive emails from an individual that might contain attachments and/or contain hyperlinks. Instead of simply forwarding the email to another person they would like to include all of the messages along with the information contained in it as a separate file. This is useful when users need to give clear directions in their email, while also referring to other files and information.
It might sound complicated, but it’s actually easy. Attaching documents using the help of the Gmail application is fairly simple.
Gmail offers access to the “out of the box” possibility of redirecting emails by connecting a .eml document to create a different email.
The email you sent will be sent as a .eml file. If the recipient clicks the .eml file it opens in a new window. There’s no limit to the number of emails that can be included and you are able to attach any number of emails you like.
There are several methods to attach an email in Gmail and it is important to note that attaching emails to Gmail email isn’t identical on desktop as well as mobile devices. In this blog, we’ll discuss all 4 methods of how to attach an email in Gmail as well as mobile devices. Let’s start:
1. How To Attach An Email In Gmail On Desktop:
Method 1: Using Drag And Drop-
- Step 1: This small technique makes the process more enjoyable and speedier. On your computer, go to Gmail and Click the “Compose” button to start writing a new email. Drag and drop emails into the “Compose window” located on the lower right corner of the screen in order to attach them.You can add emails to other emails within Gmail without downloading them beforehand.
- Step 2: Choose one or multiple emails you would like to attach to your email. You can then drag them into the compose window as you would do with files or folders within windows as seen in the screenshot below.
- Step 3: You’ll see that your email messages are connected and can be sent as attachments as normal attached files. The emails that you have attached will be converted to “.eml” files, and there’s no limit on the number of emails that you are able to upload.
This is the simplest and easy method to connect mails to Gmail email, while you compose the email, but it works for the desktop only. It is not possible to drag and drop emails within Gmail’s Android and iOS apps. That’s why we will learn all the methods in this article.
Method 2: Using Right-Click Forward As An Attachment-
- Step 1: Another method of inserting emails into a new thread is to highlighting the email (or emails) you want by select the checkbox to the left side, then selecting the email and from the “overflow” (three-dot) menu choose “Forward as attachment”.
- Step 2: It will then allow you to open the Compose pop-up, where you can create an email from scratch. The emails will be linked to your new Gmail email in the same way as every other type of attachment.
This method of forwarding can be useful when you know that the recipient has Gmail or a similar modern email system that is able to understand a .eml attachment while on the move. If not, the message could appear extremely difficult to read to the recipient. It is likely that, by default, it opens as a text file and includes a large amount of information about the system, and the text itself won’t be formatted properly and appear sloppy.
Method 3: Using Print PDF-
- Step 1: Open the email that you would want to transform into an attachment, then click in the drop down menu (three vertical dots) right next to Reply Arrow in the top-right corner of the message.
- Step 2: From the drop-down menu, click the “Print”or “Print All button”.
- Step 3: After you have selected Print, The print screen will be displayed in a separate tab. After that, on the left side of the screen, click the “Save as PDF” option from the Print dialog. Next Click to “save” the print.
- Step 4: After click save, the window will pop up. Then, in the window that appears you can choose the name of the pdf file and the destination folder where the pdf file will be created.
- Step 5: Find the PDF you saved in your browser and then select it. Left-click the attachment pdf file and drag and drop it onto the email you wish to forward to. The old email will be now added to the email as an attachment!
- Step 6 (other ways): Optionally , you can click “paperclip” icon within the email you created. Within the window that opens, navigate to the folder in which the PDF was saved, and click on it to attach.
Method 4: Attach An Eemail When Replying-
Gmail allows you to attach emails while replying to messages as well. Simply extend the replying window of Gmail and then attach emails.
Follow the steps below:
- Step 1; In the screenshot below, open the email you’re responding to, and click the “Reply” button to start the process of responding. Write your message in the same way as you normally would and at the top of the email, select the “Pop-out” button that will display this email on a new screen (pop out).
- Step 2: Then, return into Inbox from the previous window, choose the emails you wish to attach, then drag them into the new window in which you’re writing your reply. On the bottom, click “send“.
Take note that the limit of attachments to 25MB remains in place even when you attach an email using Gmail. There is however no limit on the number of emails that may be attached. What happens if the emails are more than 25MB in size? In this situation, Gmail will automatically upload emails, if necessary, and to Google Drive. Google Drive account and add an attachment to the email. In either case, you don’t have to worry.
2. How To Attach An Email In Gmail On Mobile App:
It’s definitely simpler to forward an email via the mobile app, however, If you’d like to use the method of sending emails via PDF that was mentioned earlier, it’s simple to do so too.
We’re using Android however this is compatible on both the android as well as IOS platforms.
- Step 1: Open the email that you want to attach and click on the three vertical dots in the email body. After clicking drop down will appear
- Step 2: Select the “Print” option from the dropdown to download the email as a PDF file. Then select the location you’d like to save the file to
- Step 3: The standard File Manager app will open and allow you to select one of the locations or create a folder to store the pdf file.
- Step 4: Then at the end, create a new email and fill in the required fields. Click to the symbol for the “paperclip” icon in order to upload the file. Select the location you saved the file then select the file, then click ‘Send.’
In our instance we had to use the File Manager did not prompt us to select the name for The PDF files. There is also no option for printing multiple email messages. you’ll have to print the printing one by one.
It’s that easy. It’s easy enough when you are aware of the steps you’ll need to complete. Once you’ve done that you’ll notice that you’re less writing yourself out in emails, and spend more time coping with your other tasks. However, the smartphone is able for attaching emails to the Gmail email. But it is only recommended in situations where you do not have the option, or when things cannot wait until you’re sitting in front of computers. otherwise, it’s more efficient and faster to attach an email in Gmail by using a PC.
So which of these methods did you like the most, you will definitely give your opinion in the comment below. I would be happy to reply